Director of Software Product Development
Who are we
Mixfit is an exciting startup in the personalized nutrition space. We believe every person deserves to be healthy so they can be everything they want to be. Mixfit is on a journey to improve and forever change nutrition to what it should be: Personalized. Dynamic. Unintimidating. Inclusive. Precise. And science-based. Come join our cutting-edge science and technology based personalized nutrition and health company.
What we’re looking for
We’re looking for a hands-on software technology product development leader, with extensive coding and technical implementation skills. The ideal candidate will interface with Company leadership, marketing, and operations to define continuous product evolution and technology requirements and lead internal and external software teams in solution delivery and implementation. This position requires a strong technical leader with a history of introducing impactful changes within the engineering teams they’ve led. The Director of Software Product Development directs, supervises and governs software development projects. Reviews proposals to determine costs, timeline, funding, staffing requirements and goals. They will oversee the work of Architects, Developers and their project teams relying on their extensive experience and judgment to plan and accomplish team goals. This position has a ton of potential for upward mobility as you will be in charge of all of our technology product. You will report directly to the CTO and participate in the executive management team.
This is a full-time, salaried position with stock options and bonus based on performance.
What you’ll do
You are expected to spearhead software development of new mobile app features, implement micro-services and modules according to specifications of domain experts. You will be required to maintain existing software infrastructures, troubleshoot, debug, and provide documentations.
You will manage software developer direct reports and external commercial vendors. Coordinate with frontend and DevOps to scale platform. You will oversee end-to-end testing. You will set technical standards and development methodology across company. You’ll translate business objectives into product and technology initiatives and collaborate with colleagues across Hardware, Marketing, Sales, Operations and other disciplines.
You’ll provide career development, coaching, and mentoring to help engineers and developers grow, while guiding team members to maximize their potential. You’ll recruit and retain top talent.
You’ll deliver a world-class technology platform that meets our performance and quality standards, and you’ll deliver it on time and on budget (even if you have to roll up your sleeves and write some of the code yourself).
- Hands on implementation of company’s proprietary software, build infrastructure to meet customer needs
- Oversee the architecture, design, and implementation of Mixfit’s software and marketing applications from development, delivery, and releases.
- Breakdown complex requirements into independent architectural components, modules, tasks and strategies and collaborate with peer leadership through the full software development lifecycle to deliver top quality, on time and within budget.
- Lead and coach a team of software developers, architects, and other technical staff both externally and virtually.
- Demonstrate excellent communications with stakeholders regarding delivery goals, objectives, deliverables, plans and status throughout the software development lifecycle.
- Align with peers in sales, marketing, customer success, product, and engineering to make sure our technological capabilities are delivered to the market in the most effective way.
- Develop a budget and staffing plan to build a high performance, multi-functional team with expertise necessary to achieve development objectives.
- Collaborates with the Application Development Team and the Systems and Data Architect to research current technologies and marketing trends to improve products and processes.
What you’ll need to have
The ideal candidate is someone with experience in building solid engineering teams while working in a fast-paced, startup environment. Experience in e-commerce, Android, and iOS applications is also desired. We are looking for someone who can be a leader on our management team and desires to get on the ground floor of a rapidly growing company. You will have experience in managing and growing highly productive software teams while delivering B-to-B and B-to-C mobile applications.
You’ll also have:
- Bachelor’s degree or advanced degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering or related field of study.
- 10+ years of software development experience.
- 5+ years of managing software engineering teams.
- 3+ years of delivering software using agile methodology.
- Strong competency with Native Application (Kokoa-Swift-Kotlin), React/React Native and Redux.
- Strong Object-Oriented programming skills. Familiar with one or more of the following languages: Java, Ruby, Python, C++, or C. Quick to pick up new programming languages as needed
- Demonstrates the ability to design software architecture, class objects, data structures, algorithm, in ways that are efficient, scales well, and allows quick access to other developers
- Familiarity with cloud computing platforms such as Azure, Heroku or AWS
- Experience working with RDBMS, such as PostgreSQL or Oracle
- Solid expertise in conducting unit, integration and end-to-end testing. Experiences in developing and deploying test automation.
- Deep experience with consumer and marketplace products (ideally B2B2C).
- Deep experience with agile processes, continuous integration & test automation.
- Excellent communication with developers, peers and stakeholders; is transparent and data-driven.
- Must have a great attitude and be an unflappable team member known for the ability to embrace a challenge while keeping the presence of mind to have fun along the way.
- Must like the challenge of simplifying complex systems and always consider the big picture.
- Experiences with software container orchestration, e.g. Docker, Kubernetes, and Ansible
- Familiar with distributed processing and storage, e.g. Hadoop and MapReduce
- Experiences with Release Management and Configuration Management. Have conducted operational acceptance testing (OAT) on a commercial level
Job Type: Full-time
Work authorization: United States (Required)
Location: Boston, MA
Salary: $120,000 to $130,000 /year
- Stock Options, Annual Bonus
- Flexible schedules
- Medical, Dental, and Vision insurance fully paid by Company